Do you want to get paid for having fun?
Do you want to work for a cool and innovative company that strives to spark the imagination and curiosity of children and teach them about the fun in science?
Mad Science is currently looking for:
After School Teachers
Mad Science of South Orange County is looking to hire instructors to run and teach our hands-on science classes after school at our various school locations. Mad Science will be running classes at over 60 public schools and over 15 private schools in South Orange County.
Each after school program runs for one hour, once a week for an eight week session, we run approximately 3-4 eight week sessions per school year. Teachers will be given anywhere from 2-5 schools to run the program at each week. Amount and choice of schools assigned will depend on seniority, availability, location, and experience. Teachers will be trained on the entire curriculum at our office in Laguna Hills and will be provided with all of the materials required to teach each unit. We have meetings on Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm where we do kit exchanges, go over weekly matters, and eat a provided lunch. A love for teaching is a must, a love for science is a plus (that can be learned).
* Experience teaching or organizing groups of children
*Can pass a background check
*Afternoon availability (between 1-4pm at least 3 days a week)
*Fun and dynamic
*Good classroom management skills
Pay Per Hour Class (includes preparation time and waiting for kids to get picked up):
Credentialed Teachers: $32/1 hour class
Non Credentialed Teachers: $24/1 hour class with frequent opportunities for raises
Training/Meeting Pay: $8/hr
School Districts that we run programs in: Saddleback Valley Unified School District, Capistrano Unified School District, Newport Mesa Unified School District, Irvine Unified School District, and Tustin Unified School District.
You may be asked to work in any of the following cities: San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Ladera Ranch, Trabuco Canyon, Foothill Ranch, Lake Forest, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Tustin
*If you live North of Costa Mesa/Santa Ana please contact either our West or North locations
A great job for: unemployed teachers, students entering or currently in the multiple or single subject credential program, retired teachers who are now stay at home moms, and others who have experience with large groups of children because:
1. Mad Science teachers teach science, an area where our schools really need to improve in, a great experience and attribute to have when applying for a full time classroom position.
2. Working for a branded and highly reputable international science education company, looks impressive on resumes.
3. Frequent reviews and evaluations done by seasoned credentialed teachers who have worked in public schools.
4. Ability to network with local schools (you will be checking into their main office weekly).
5. Great experience to be teaching 20 leveled learners in a self enclosed classroom all by yourself.
6. Mad Science provides optional guidance on how to market yourself to the schools you would eventually like to work in.
7. At the end of your first 8 week session the owner of the company will write a glowing letter of recommendation at your request.
8. Taught in the past but took time off to raise children? You can bring your school aged children with you while you teach, for free!
9. Always room to move up: office positions, birthday parties, assemblies, shows,workshops, camps - can be a year round job
“I love working for Mad Science because kids think that I’m a rock star! Kids can’t wait to get to class and learn about science… who would have thought! I like that the job I do makes a difference in their lives.”
“I love working for Mad Science because my official title is “Mad Scientist”! How cool is that! In addition, every week is different! Since you are teaching kids a new class each week, and there are many classes on rotation, it never gets boring. ”
“I love working for Mad Science because I like working with children and seeing their imaginations spark with each experiment! I love it when I do an experiment and they all go "WHOAAAAA!" at the same time. That's exciting."